How do I create my inventory?
When you’re running a sale fundraiser, you might have variations in place so that your supporters can specifically tell you what they’re purchasing. Here's an article that discusses creating those variations:
In a T-shirt sale, these variations might be Size, Color, and Style. You’ll enter those first, and then provide the values that your supporters will select from (i.e. Small, Medium, Large and Green, Blue, White and Adult or Youth).
To take things just a bit further, you might have only 5
Small Adult Shirts in white.
Here’s a short video that shows you how it’s done:
Here’s how you prevent that item from overselling by creating an inventory:
1. Log in to your RallyUp account and click the megaphone on the left.
2. Click your campaign’s title and choose “Edit Campaign*” from the menu.
3. Navigate to the Sale section, and open the item you’d like to create inventory for by clicking “Edit” on the right.
4. Under More Options, you can define your variations
5. Check the option that reads, “Restrict certain combinations of item variations and characteristics”.
6. Select the “Track quantity available for each variation combination” option.
7. Click the blue “Create Inventory” button. You’ll be redirected to the inventory manager, so you can save your work at this point.
There are two ways to add your inventory. By individual item (select “Add Items” from Actions and complete the onscreen prompts) or by import (select “Import Items” and download and complete the template).
Tip: When completing the template, don’t delete or rename the columns so that the system can properly scan your document. It’s also important to use the same spelling and punctuation so that your items can be recognized during the scan.